Monday, January 31, 2011

Still crossin' 'em

I guess we have another day of waiting for this apartment to come through, ugh. But on the bright side I finished my taxes today with all the free time I have! LOL! Jay and I actually had a really great day yesterday. The weather was freaking awesome and the sky was so clear that we just spontaneously decided to drive the 40 or so miles North to Talkeetna, AK for some touristing. If you're a fan of Man vs. Food you may have seen the Alaska episode. We ate at one of the stops on the show. So I asked the bartender about the event and whether the guy actually finished the food challenge and she said he totally DID NOT finish even though on the episode they made it look like he did...WHAT A HOSER!! Well I guess they gave everyone in the crowd free burgers and apps and she said it was still a good time. But there ya go, the truth revealed about Man Vs. Food...he's a damn liar and cheat.

Mt McKinley in the clouds..otherwise it's the highest point in North America. Yay Alaska trivia!



This town has a lot of character and wicked good beer!

We didn't go for Seward's Folly but the Yukon Jack wings were awesome!


 Mt McKinley

I really need to be getting back to work

 Can you see the creepy eyes? No seriously, I need to start working like ASAP. I'm losing touch with reality.

And the best for last, good ole rednecky fun!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos guys! Looks like you are having a blast, can't wait to see pictures of your new pad! By the way, if you didn't know, we are getting dumped on again with snow... 18-24 more inches here at the farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frikin love that you guys have this blog. Seeing things I may never see in person. I'm shut down in Ohio. Sammy is down in Illinois. Weather! Bad bad bad. Jay, I miss you every time I pick up my trailer. Amanda, I miss you well, all the time! Just teasing Jay. Love you guys and miss you both tons
    . Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where u @ Mike ?? let me guess.. ROSS !! I just got back from Detroit @ 7:15..was good till i got to Toledo..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe the weather situation between here and the East Coast right now. We seriously had temps up to 39 degrees today and I'll be dammed if we've had more than a centimeter dusting since we got up here. Way Global Warming. Miss you guys too! I got a new post to put up , no pics though, just good news.

    ReplyDelete