Monday, January 10, 2011

Departure: 1/11/11

So as hard as we tried we just couldn't get everything buttoned up in time for a grand departure today. But that's ok! We are fully ready to leave first thing in the am on 1/11/11...I even like the date better. I do have some fun stuff to report on though. So last night when we were sittin around enjoying our favorite TV show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" there was a travel commercial on with a tag line that announced "This is the year. It is time to go to Alaska." I was sure Jay had me on candid camera. Then today I took my drug and alcohol test for work then immediately drove over to the Vermont redemption center and dropped off some $13 in empty beer bottles LOL. When I walked in, though, the girls behind the counter were staring at me like I was from outer space and the brave one approached me and asked in her best "hick" accent "Are you really from Alaska???" I was sure I was on candid camera. Well at least a surveillance camera cause they could see the Alaska plates on the truck. I told her "not yet" then she shouted to her cohort "see I told ya so!" Then I promptly slapped a ho...j/k. Well that'll do for now. Jay and I are settin up camp on the living room floor for our last last night in Vermont then we hit the road bright and early!! And if anyone's askin there's a really nice, clean, empty house for sale at 3715 Trebo Rd in Chester, Vt. Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment