Monday, January 24, 2011

Tok, AK

We had one last push to get out of the Yukon and into Alaska.  We saw temps today from +36 degrees to minus 16.  The healing power of the Hot Springs had worn off and Amanda was sick all day.  She found the strength to enjoy the great views and keep me laughing.  






 Worlds largest Gold Pan


 Marking my territory in the middle of the Alaskan Highway.
 It was cold and dark, we made it and made the most of it.  Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes we had a safe trip and no snow on the worst roads.
 My special Elephant guided us to AK (thanks Auntie)
"Last Great Road Trip"


A pitcher of Alaskan Amber, wings and burgers we celebrated making it to our new home.

3 comments:

  1. congrats guys, you made it to AK!! Still got some miles ahead of you before your reach your destination though so keep you head on straight. I have loved the blog all the way, I think you should keep it going for a full year that you are there... like a reality tv show... but in blog form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankx for the call it was the best sleep i've had since you both have left!!!♥ i agree with karl..i think we would enjoy this blog for the next year your both a couple of characters....and jay..thank you for taking good care of my baby!!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis and I are both ecstatic to see you have made it to Alaska!!! I have had a great time following along on the map with your trip. I wish you the best of luck at your new jobs but before they start have fun enjoying your new home!! Also I couldnt agree more with the others above, it would be great if you guys updated with photos and commentary over the next year. The adventure has just begun!!!

    ReplyDelete