Thursday, January 20, 2011

Costco 4 Eva

Once upon a time Jay and Amanda were in the big city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and they needed gas. They decided to get on the highway and drive a bit to a gas station outside the city, when all of a sudden the truck started to scream at them "IDIOTS!! I'M ALMOST OUT OF GAS!!!!" So they pulled off the road to the only gas station they could find...at a Costco.  The Costco Gods reign supreme and only members can pump their precious petro. So Jay and Amanda decide it was time to become members. Yes sir, they went into the Costco, filled out a membership, paid the fee and Jay had his mugshot taken then they were able to pump gas...but not before they went shopping a little...


Um is that a bathing suit and gummy vitamins!!??? Yes, that is what they purchased in an effort to make this first day as Costco members the most random first day ever.


Alright back to modern day. Today was my first day driving...that went over like a fart in church. I think I did 60 miles and then turned it over to Jay who successfully brought us to the 5000 mile mark on our new GMC. In other news, it is agreed that The Hamburglar was the greatest name ever invented...until today. A vanity plate by a Wakeboard instructor changed it all when it drove by us reading "Air Ric" (sounds like Eric only he gets air.....ey??)





And here we are, professional motel nomads in Grande Prarie, Alberta, our last stop before British Columbia where the Sourtoe Cocktail awaits us (look for tomorrow's post for sure!!) See ya!!

7 comments:

  1. just letting you know im still keeping up with you.easy to do when your workweek ends on wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAY !!! SOUR TOE !!!! I CANT WAIT TAKE PICTURES!!! BE SAFE YOU TWO LOVE YOU !! YOUR ALMOST TO ALASKA!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I saw on the news this a.m. that its aboot negative twenty up there in Canaderr, thats pretty cold eh?
    Looks like you guys are making good progress though. Keep those posts coming, they bring a smile to my face while I sit here in my cube :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. alrighty now it's saturday & havent gotten the post you promised for friday!!!! ummmmm!!! was the sour toe that good!!!well come on get to gettin please !!!! the world is a waitin on this blog here!!!! dont make me start calling the state troppers already!!!!!!♥ love you!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup...vitamins and a bathing suit, and lovely one at that are super random! I LOVE it!! After all your big rig driving and you can't handle the GMC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha turns out we had our "Dawson" locations mixed up. The sourtoe is actually in Dawson City which would have been like 300 miles out of our way, so no sourtoe this trip :-( so we think we might do a summer trip back through there...no more driving the Alcan in the winter :-) Barnes, my, uh, passenger was way too stressed by my driving. but who can fault him, most people who have driven with me would agree with him LOL. Terese, I shit you not, we have yet to dip below 0 in Canada, in fact, we have been in the 40s for the last 2 days...I don't get it either but I like it!

    ReplyDelete