Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WE GOT A HOME!! YAY!!!

Yup all that finger crossing paid off and we moved into our new place yesterday! We love it. It's a 2 story house with 2 bedrooms, a big yard and a washer/dryer. People who know me know the washer/dryer is a revelation because I usually cart my laundry to some Asian-tino establishment that rips me off and smells bad to boot so this is exciting. We were so excited yeasterday when we got the call that we were approved that we packed up the lil' Peak Inn pretty quick. I was so excited that just minutes before we were about to hit the road I locked the keys in the truck!! With the pets!!!! IDIOT!!! But Jay was cool as a clam and was like "Hey we got On Star!" Literally all we had to do was call them and they remote unlocked the truck. So cool. Funny though the On Star automated system started like this "Please select your emergency from the following list 1) have you locked your keys in the car...." I didn't need to hear the other options, but, hello, shouldn't #1 be "Are you pinned between your trunk and the grill of a semi truck?" And if you are, can you really be dialing on an automated system??!!!! So then I select #1 and that takes me to another list that goes like this "ok, have you 1) locked your pets in the vehicle..." Again I didn't need to go to #2 but WTF?? If I didn't have living things in the car would that have changed the level of service I got?? Such a weird experience but very helpful in the end. So where was I, oh yea the new place. We're still way unpacking so we're gonna get pics up once stuff is kinda in place. Oh and we dropped the Uhaul off today too. I told the lady we had "trouble" with the trailer and she cut the late fees down by half which was nice. Hey what's a little white lie when you're looking at $120 savings! See ya!

5 comments:

  1. THATS SO GREAT!!!!SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!NOW YOU HAVE THE WEEKEND TO RELAX B4 WORK!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU & HAPPIER YOUR NOT IN MALDEN ANYMORE JUST THE SNOW ALONE THERE IS NUTX!!!OK WELL HAPPY UNPACKING...THEN PICTURES!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorrrayyyy!! :) Thrilled for both of you. Can't wait to see some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohhooo now Travis and I officialy have a place to come and visit in AK. COngrats guys!! I am so excited you found something :)

    ReplyDelete