Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Edge of the Frontier weekend








We headed out to Mike and Merts Deshka River lodge on Friday night.  It was a 5 mile snowmachine ride and at 4 miles Finn decided that he had enough running next to the sleds and turned around.  we had to hold onto him the rest of the way.  we had a great view of Denali and even got to see the Northern lights...needless to say it was a great night.  then next day we had to head back to town and Finn knew he did not want to run at all, so as we passed teams of sled dogs training for the Iditarod (which goes right past the lodge) Finn was sitting comfy in the trailer sled getting pulled back to the landing.

2 comments:

  1. nice pictures..you look so cute,like a little doll....an alien doll ; ) jay too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos!!! I bet as Fin went racing past those sled dogs he thought to himself "Man do I love my owners, thank god I can ride along instead of dragging them behind me!!!!"

    ReplyDelete