Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sawtooth Mountains - Idaho

 With the long hours on the road I have had plenty of time to think.  One thing I was working on was my "Top Five Role Models" and Sacajawea made the list (followed by Jim Henson, Amanda and both of my grandfathers (sorry Teddy Roosevelt and Neil Young just not enough room in the top five for you).  Come to find out Sacajawea lived in Salmon, ID so we got to check out the museum.


 Then we headed toward Stanley, ID.  My Father has raved about this town and the Sawtooth Mountains my whole life (and my brother Karl seconded the motion).  It really is a great spot, however the fires were very active in this area and we were not allowed to spend much time there.

Smoke Jumper camp
 This picture shows the smoke rising so high that the top of the smoke is becoming a cloud (very unique).
 Incident Command Center
 Sawtooths and the "Autumn Rig" (formally the Arctic Rig)


 Phinn liked to bite the waves. He still does not like to swim.


 Idaho Potato Salad.
More Hot Springs


 More free camping in the Idaho desert.




No comments:

Post a Comment