Saturday, September 8, 2012

660 miles - Dawson City to Watson Lake

 Sour Toe

 It is official we did the sour toe in a shot of Yukon Jack



 Paddle Boat on the Yukon River


 rain and snow

 We stopped at this little village and met some natives.  They were super friendly, asking about our cars, having an moose calling competition (which I lost) and then the elder grabs my hands and says a blessing in his native tongue.  Then he says he is part of the Tlingit tribe, so I show him my salmon tattoo and he grabs my arm and smiles and laughs.  He was so pleased (plus a little drunk) I knew that i had this elder's approval for the tattoo and the journey through his lands.  Guess I am still waiting for a Navy or Coast Guard guy to give approval for the anchor tattoos but I know those types.

Amanda swiping a few condiments for our travels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment