Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kodiak, AK

 In the past 36 hours I have been on the clock for 27 hours, commuted 4 and slept under 3...Yikes!   I had an easy one day job in Kodiak, I even got to leave on an earlier flight.  I did have some time to kill and explore.
 Twin prop on Era Airlines for the hour flight at 5:55am.  Era has huge homemade cookies on every flight.
 New windmills going up.
 Windmill tower pulling out of the port.  Notice all the cut timber.
 Just south of town I stumble across a little clear creek.
 Can you see the salmon?
 How about now?

 This one has been picked over by eagles

 Old fishing shipwreck
 This is a fish cannery that used to be a large ship.
 I had a bite to eat and got a kick out of 4 little old ladies tearing away at pull tabs.  Look at that mess.
Kodiak Harbor
Cool display at the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters  


No comments:

Post a Comment