Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wolf

With Amanda working all weekend and the weather and fishing reports not looking so good I drove 130 miles east to the Klutina and Glukana rivers to see if I could find any salmon.  This season is the worst King Salmon return on record here in Alaska.
On my drive I noticed a large dog walking along the trees next to the highway.  I was in miles from a house and the dog had to be a wolf, so I pulled over.  I had Phinn with me and he wanted to fight.  As we were stopped on the side of the road and Phinn barking up a storm the wolf circles our truck and then disappears into the woods again.  Very cool.



 Long lonely road.  With a chip in my windshield

 So on Saturday Amanda was sewing and the cat was near by.  Amanda noticed the cat had swallowed some of the string and the needle was still attached and hanging from the string on the outside of her mouth.  Amanda went to grab the string, Tek ran and 30 seconds later the chase was over.  The needle was missing.  Not sure if the cat swallowed the needle, we brought the cat to the Vet.  The needle had passed thru the entire digestive system and was almost out.  so we waited 15min and out it came.  The Vet said they could not believe there was zero damage.  We all got lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment