Sunday, January 22, 2012

Alyeska Resort - Girdwood, AK

 For my birthday last month Amanda bought me a stay at the Alyeska Resort Hotel and a day of skiing.  We dropped Phinn off at the Kennel (his first time) and drove the 80 miles south to Girdwood.  We saw 50+ moose, a bald eagle and a few sheep on the ride down.  The temps were -16 degrees but the sun was out and the snow was great.

 View of the ocean (Turnagain Arm) from the mountain

 Cold



This is what my feet looked like when I took my boots off.  I have had cold feet before but nothing like this.  I was whimpering for an hour before I could stand on them.  
 After we warmed up, we took the tram to the top of the mountain to the 4-star restaurant (Seven Glaciers) for a cocktail.

 We got back to the bottom of the mountain and headed across town to the Double Musky.  We have been hearing so many good things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint.

 Aurora Wine
Rare cooked Filet

No comments:

Post a Comment