Sunday, July 24, 2011

Visiting Family in Juneau


 I spent 3 days in Ketchikan working for the Alaskan Marine Highway.  Friday I changed my flight so I could get off the plane in Juneau (since it stops there anyway) and then fly to Anchorage on Sunday.  The weather was great, and so was the fishing.  Friday night after catching some Dog Salmon next to the hatchery was the first time seeing my Chevy since selling it to Karl in December.  The black truck decided that it was mad at me and died (not sure what happened).   We called AAA, towed the truck, and rented a car for saturday.  Karl, Tory, Destiny and Ryan showed me around, we went to the beach, the river and then back to the beach.  We landed well over 30 Pink Salmon (Humpies) went swimming and I got sun burned.  sure was a blast to see these guys so happy and their sweet home.  Can't wait to go back to Juneau for Thanksgiving and show Amanda that nice little capital.

 Bear Tracks




 So, the fish were so think in the river that often we would snag them just casting into the water.  when the snag would come loose the hook would come flying back at the shore.  This one time...i fell backward into the water and hooked the back of my head.  With some steady hands Karl removed the hook.




No comments:

Post a Comment