Thursday, March 3, 2011

The World Ice Sculpture Championships!

I got the unique opportunity to fly way up to Fairbanks yesterday for work and I got to do a little touring around too. The World Ice Sculptuer Championships were bing held so I hung out there for as long as I could in -35 degree weather...yikes. And what a surprise there was even some Massachusetts representation..I can't get away from it!!


Erin!! Gaysians!!! I'm not kidding, Japanese gaysians. I really did try to get their face but they were hiding from me lol

 "The Mask" also the winner




"The Knot" by the Finland team


Oh weird....



I think they actually get this thing warmed up at night..pretty neat

Oh ...weird again...




3 comments:

  1. those are great pictures amanda!!♥ happy you had a nice trip!!♥xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love the last photo of the mermaids. What better place for an ice sculpture contest then a -35 degree location. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's awesome! I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete