Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Hopeful Weekend :-)

This was a nifty weekend, for sure. I got my fresh and so clean clean Harley back with it's shiny new parts and Jay and I decided we haven't seen our buds down South in a while so we made the 140 mile trek to Hope, AK. Yet another classic Jay blooper, he says "let's go help Brendan and Jessie work on their property this weekend." I think "sure, whack a couple nails slap on some paint and throw back some tastey vino, sounds fun..." until we get there and discover the weekend would entail installing a foundation in 10,000 year-old glacial sediment, i.e. lots of f-ing focks...ugh. But it's always good to see those guys so we had a blast. Plus the sun came out! soooweee!!!holler!


 New handlebars, risers and shocks...hot.

 Can you count the rocks? No...you can't...but it's definitely a nice spot up on a hillside overlooking the ocean with a mountain view

 The temporary living quarters while the house goes up.


 Hard at work, we had to bury these things that were as tall as me...oh and I'm totally wearing my new skinny jeans but figured I'd spare you the pics LOL

 Brendan and his dad Dennis.

 The Newlyweds :-)

 The drive back was pretty clear and pretty..uh..pretty

 "Hey Glacier! I think you left some rocks back in Hope! Wanna go get 'em? Thanks!"....rriiiiiight....

 Amanda: "Hey, is that rain?"

 Jay: "Yes."

 Pulled over to check out the lil wildlife reserve on the side of the highway. Otter!!!

 Single Rainbow...

 Double Rainbow...
Whole Rainbow. I guess we're somewhere over it...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment